Monday, March 30, 2009

Antelope Island Buffalo Run 50 Miler

Antelope Island Buffalo Run 50 Miler


All I can say is "whew"! That was a long run. Here are a few shots of my first 50 mile run.














Here I am on the Elephant Head Trail section of the run about mile 10 (notice the smile).








A little farther down the trail at about mile 21 (smile fading)












No smile, but feeling real good. Pretty day, nice course. Mile 26















Time to refuel at the Aid station Mile 27.4





















Mile 40. Just moving along.















Right here at about Mile 48, the wheels are still on, and I am still pushing to be done. Mr Electrolyte and I have not been close enough friends. Not too long after this shot I blow chunks. Electrolytes are your friends. Hows that for a learning experience?

I do however finish a very well organized 50 mile run at Antelope Island smack dab in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. Great weather great people. Specail thanks to Scott Kunz for the photos and pacing. I am forever indebted to you for your patience.

It was all I expected it to be and much more. I learned a lot and look forward to my next 50.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! That landscape looks surreal. Congrats on 50 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is a super cool place, where the Buffalo and Antelope roam.

    ReplyDelete